By our reporter
Mukono based Uganda Christian University (UCU) has dragged State Minister for Water Resources Ronald Kibuule to Land Inquiry Commission accusing him of grabbing its land where he build his residential palace.
According to UCU Vice Chancellor Canon Dr John Musisi Mubiru Ssenyonyi, the land at Ntawo Village in Mukono District, measuring 649.2acres was given to Church of Uganda, as a gift from late Ham Mukasa then Ssaza Chief of Kyaggwe and Former Katikkiro of Buganda in 1921, to benefit Bishop Tucker Theological College, the Church and the Nation.
Canon Ssenyonyi told the commission chair Justice Catherine Bamugemereire that in 1997 the College became Uganda Christian University and took over its assets and liabilities under the name UCU Holdings; then opted to lease out some pieces of its land to about 10 people, but these leases expired by 2007.
As the lease expired, some part of the land remained vacant and various people including minister Kibuule used that chance to grab the land in question.
Canon Ssenyonyi implored the Commission to do whatever they can to help the University repossess its land and also equip them with enough security to be able to develop it.
Kibuule is not new in land grabbing scandals.
Early this year he was brought to spotlight after being accused of fraudulently acquiring ownership of land measuring more than 85 acres on Block 369, Plot 10 in Buikwe district.