Busoga, West Nile and Bukedi have confirmed places in the Semifinals of The FUFA Drum 2018 after their 2nd leg – last eight matches on Saturday 7th July.

In Gulu, Acholi had an uphill task to win with a two-goal margin, however setting the tone for an open contest.

They (Acholi) got the lead in the 44th minute when Norman Ogik pulled off a lone strike that levelled the home team on 1-1 aggregate with Bukedi.

In the second Half, the atmosphere inside Pece Stadium was absolutely invigorating for the home fans that sensed their team is on the verge of a historic progress.

Acholi players continue to bully Bukedi all over the pitch but the resistance at the back denied the home team to add a second goal. The match ended 1-0 in regular time.

The match was decided by kicks from the penalty mark, Acholi missed two spot kicks including the team captain Denis Okot  and James Otim while Gwoto Fredson missed for Bukedi.

Bukedi progressed to the semifinals after the victory of 5-6 from the spot kicks.

Bukedi’s goalkeeper Wafula Patrick was chosen Man of the Match, he received the accolade and the prize Money.

The match was officiated by Ochom Joseph as the center referee while Otim Daniel and Okello lee.

Shabena Dan scored first in the 31st minute, before Richard Wandyaka extended the lead in third 34th minute

During the second Half, the intensity of the game declined and it was the penalty kick from Richard Wandyaka in the 85th minute that sealed the victory for Busoga.

The game has been good on our side, but my players have been underrating their opponents, we have the best midfielders in the tournament but my strikers are too wasteful. We are not going to rest.  We will have friendlies to prepare ourselves for the semifinals.’ Busoga Coach Charles Ayieko 

Busoga progressed to the last four of The FUFA Drum with on a  3-0 aggregate.

Busoga’s Shafik Batambuze was named Man of the Match as he received his accolade and the prize money.

Olemu George handled the match as center referee assisted by Madanda Ronald and Sajjabi Godfrey.

At the Green Light Stadium, Onduparaka’s Ezira Bida gave West Nile an early lead when his header from a corner kick hit the back of net in the 20th minute.

It was the only goal in the match and confirmed West Nile into the semis.

West Nile and URA FC goal Keeper Ajaib Naifan Legason was voted Man of the Match.

Kaddu Ali was in control of the match as the center referee, he was assisted by Kakembo Samuel and Kasibante Julius

Meanwhile, Kampala will host Buganda on Sunday 8th, July at Mutesa II Stadium Wankulukuku in the 2nd leg quarterfinal. Buganda is Leading by 1-0 aggregate.