By our reporter

Marvin Kibirige, 20 a resident of Kigombya village in Mukono Municipality was on Tuesday electrocuted as he tried to save his boss’ property during an eviction process of businesses operating on road reserves.

According to Badru Waswa the deceased’s employer, law enforcement officers warned them to vacate the area but within a blink of an eye, they were back with full force and started demolishing the place thus disorganizing the electric wires.

“The law enforcement officers came and warned us to remove our valuables but within a short time they were back and just started demolishing part of my supermarket,” said Waswa.

Kibirige and colleagues who were at the scene that moment panicked to save some of the items unfortunately, he got into connection with naked electric wires,” he added.

He was rushed to a government Hospital in Mukono but he was pronounced dead on arrival.

However, Waswa vowed to drag Mukono Municipality to the courts of law for carelessly conducting operations which led to the death of his employee.

Mukono Central Division Chairperson Jamil Kakembo condemned the law enforcement officers’ act saying that they ruthlessly carried out the eviction.

 

Comments