By Namugerwa Martha
Uganda revenue authority (URA) has appreciated the top 20 tax paying educational institutions in Uganda where Makerere University Council topped the list.
Through URA’s twitter handle Doris Akol the executive director of URA thanked and appreciated the educational institutions which have collaborated with them in paying their taxes in the last financial year 2016\17.
Akol said that those educational institutions play a very big role in the economic development and social transformation in the society.
“You play a key role in the development of human resource(s) which is a catalyst for economic development,” Akol said.
The list of the top 20 tax paying educational institutions below:
- Makerere University Council
- International School of Uganda Limited
- Kyambogo University
- Uganda Christian University
- Rainbow International School (2003) Limited
- Cavendish University Uganda Limited
- Gems Education Uganda Limited
- Uganda Management Institute
- Kampala International School Uganda Limited
- Islamic University in Uganda
- Greenhill Holdings Limited
- Makerere University Business School
- Mbarara University of Science and Technology
- Nkumba University
- Uganda Martyrs University
- Ambrosoli Limited
- Agakhan Education Service Limited
- National Curriculum Development Centre
- Law Development Center
- Bishop Stuart University Mbarara (U) Ltd