Job Title: NOC Engineer – Field Support
Organisation: Roke Telkom Ltd
Reports to: Technical Supervisor Field Support
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Roke Telkom Ltd. is a licensed Public Service Provider and Public Infrastructure Provider, with the Uganda Communications Commission dealing in Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) call termination and Wholesale Data, trading as Roke Telkom.
Job Summary: The NOC Engineer – Field Support will be responsible for supporting and working with the Technical Supervisor in order to build and maintain a reliable and quality network infrastructure for ROKE clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage contractors and/or sub-contractors to ensure that network infrastructure works are carried out as per specification and within the stipulated project completion lead time.
· In charge of maintaining the network infrastructure in good working order.
· Resolving technical onsite and offsite customer queries.
· Actively participate in the planning, co-ordinating and executing scheduled or emergency maintenance activities on the network.
· Documenting all aspects pertaining to the network infrastructure.
· Managing internal and external communications effectively using the most appropriate channels, ensuring they are timely, co-ordinated, coherent, and reflective of the company’s vision and are customer focused.
· Proactively monitor system and network health and availability using established monitoring tools.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Technical Supervisor Field Support
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the NOC Engineer – Field Support job placement should hold a University degree (BSc) in Computer Science or Telecommunications Engineering from a recognized university.
· Possession of professional certification i.e. CCNP / CCIP Certification or equivalent from a recognised institution.
· Applicants with a CFOT Certificate will have an added advantage.
· At least two (2) years of progressively responsible experience as a field support engineer in the telecoms sector.
· Prior experience with transmission technologies, microwave and fibre optic.
· Past experience in advanced networking.
· Experience in end user support.
· Computer literacy skills with proficiency in Project Excel, Visio and MS office
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your electronic applications including cover letter, resume and the details of three referees IN ONE DOCUMENT to email@example.com.
NB: Please note as we receive high volumes of applications only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 25th July, 2016 by 5:00PM