FUFA has continued with educational system to fulfill the five-year strategic plan(2017-2021) by holding another capacity building workshop for Instructors in the areas of coaching, refereeing, sports medicine and administration. The two day workshop commenced on Monday morning and was officially opened by FUFA 1st Vice President Justus Mugisha at the FUFA Technical Centre, Njeru.
Mugisha urged the participants to embrace the latest developments in the game by applying content that is now updated.
‘The workshop will guide you in getting the latest content from FUFA, CAF and FIFA to pass on to the targeted groups in developing football’ said Mugisha who is a FIFA Instructor.
The workshop is organised under the Directorate of Football Development at FUFA headed by Ali Mwebe. He is assisted by Mutyaba Bashir and Human Resource and Capacity Building Manager Jackson Nyiima.
FUFA President Eng. Moses Magogo made a presentation on FUFA and Its Development programmes before he took the participants on another session of how to become perfect Instructors and be able to pass on the knowledge to various groups.
The facilitators are FUFA President Magogo, Mugisha, Mwebe and FUFA CEO Edgar Watson.
Objectives of the Workshop
- To achieve an understanding of FUFA capacity building programs from which instructors services shall stem.
- Development of uniform and standard course content inclusive of lay outs and presentations
- Drawing strategic road map for respective capacity building activities in areas of administration, refereeing, coaching & sports medicine – (group work)
- To understand the processes and procedures of running a FUFA Course in the pre, during and post period of the FUFA course.
- To introduce and or/ refresh instructors on new methodologies of effective instruction.
- Share of experience among FUFA Instructors
Responsibilities of the Instructors;
The course participants are currently responsible or shall be responsible for the instruction and education of the football administrators at various levels.
The course participants are currently responsible for the instruction and education of the football coaches at various levels.
The course participants are currently responsible for the instruction and education of the football refereeing at various levels.
Sports Medicine Instructors
The course participants are currently responsible for the instruction and education of the football healthy providers at clubs and associations like first-aid and trained personnel.