Buganda has put one foot into the final of the FUFA Drum after defeating Bukedi 1-0 while Busoga held West Nile in a goalless  draw away in Arua during the 1st  semifinals on Sunday.

At Bishops Grounds in Mukono, the highly anticipated semifinal  encounter between Buganda and fearless Bukedi was attended by the Princess of Buganda Kingdom Katrina Ssangalyambogo who was the Guest of Honor.

URA FC midfielder Allan Kayiwa’s goal in 61′ made the difference for Buganda in the 1st leg at Mukono Bishops Ground. Yassir Mugerwa  picked out  Kayiwa inside the area before heading home.

Second half substitute Hamis Diego Kizza had a chance to double the lead but his effort went wide.

The experience of Robert Sentongo, Hamis Diego Kizza, Brian Majwega who came in for Vianne Sekajugo and Yasser Mugerwa bothered the Myda FC central defense partnership of Bukedi captain Joseph Owino and Tohomera Benon who had a busy evening in the second half. Busia Fisheries goalkeeper Patrick Wafula also made superb saves.

Bukedi and KCCA FC young star Julius Poloto was close to levelling matters from Mathew Odong’s cross but his final touch failed to hit the target. He was later substituted for Egesa Vincent 10 minutes to the final whistle.
The only goal in the match sealed the victory of Buganda.

‘We had the ability to win this game with more than one goal but we shall build on it in the 2nd leg. We had many chances at goal and we wasted them. It was our first time to play Bukedi, it is a strong opposition’ said Buganda coach Alex Isabirye

Bukedi Province player Ronald Musana was chosen Man of the Match. He received his accolade and prize money.

Donny Robert was in charge of the match as the center referee. He was assisted by Samuel Turwomuliwe and Gonza Christopher.

In Arua, Busoga held hosts West Nile to a goalless draw despite the outstanding performance of Cranes striker Brian Umony who came on for Gaddafi Wahab in the second half.
Umony had several shots on target but Kirinya Jinja SS goalkeeper Didi Muhammad was alert and denied West Nile chance to hit his net. He registered his fourth consecutive clean sheet.

Singida FC star Shafik Batambuze’s brilliancy was key during the game as he handled the pressure from West Nile midfield which had the best possession of the ball. He was supported by Aucho Khalid, who controlled the middle of the park before he was stretched off the pitch in the 75th minute. Wilson Makuro replaced him.

It was his fourth time to be named Man of the Match in the competition.

Opio Deogratius was the center referee assisted by Omara Paul and Okwanga Mario.