By Watchdog reporter
Persis Namuganza is the current State Minister for lands. For a while she has been involved in a heated verbal fight with the ICT minister, Aida Nantaba over unclear reasons and in her recent attack she called Nantaba a prostitute. Meanwhile Namuganza is also in the bad book of her boss Betty Among, the Cabinet Minister for Lands.
1) Namuganza was born in Namutumba District on 5 October, 1984.
2) She attended Mount Elgon High School in Mbale for her O level and then she was transferred to a school in Luweero District where she sat for her A level exams in 2003.
3) In 2006, Namuganza was awarded a Diploma in accounting by Makerere Business Institute and within that same year she joined Kyambogo University thus graduating in 2009 with a Bachelor of Social Work and Social Administration. In 2014 she graduated from Cavendish University Uganda with a masters in international relations.
4)Namuganza is also a beneficiary of Museveni’s State House scholarship so in short the minister is ‘a president’s girl’.
5) She began her career in 2009 at Anti Corruption Coalition Uganda, a non governmental organization where she served as a programme officer. Later she joined another NGO known as Pearl of Africa Research and Accountability, serving as A public Relations officer and administrator from 2010 to 2012. She was then appointed a Deputy Resident District Commissioner for Luweero District from 2012 to 2015.
6) In 2016, she entered competitive elective national politics by contesting for Bukono County Constituency MP seat on NRM ticket. She won and is now the incumbent.