I must start by saying that self-pleasuring is a choice. Some people do it, others do not. Moral debates aside, self-pleasuring adds immense benefits to a woman’s life either physically, emotionally or even health wise.
Here’s a look into some of them:
1. Self-awareness – You can’t confidently say that you are aware of your body until you understand what goes on down there. The benefit here is that self-awareness adds onto a woman’s confidence. Confidence in a woman on the other hand can open any door.
2. It relieves stress – Self-pleasuring will help relieve feelings of stress and anxiety. How this happens is that the body releases the hormones dopamine and oxytocin both which boost that feeling of calmness.
3. Pains – Self-pleasure in women has been associated with increased activity of the pelvic floor muscles. Subsequently, a woman will experience less back pains. Menstrual pains also become more bearable.
4. It helps you sleep better – Another health benefit of self-pleasure is that it will help you sleep better. The act is followed by an overflow of endorphins in the body. The role of endorphins in your body is to relieve stress and to calm the nerves the perfect recipe for a good night’s sleep.
5. It is good for your heart – Self stimulation will get your blood flowing just as well as a good workout at the gym would. A good flow of blood is essential for your heart health.
6. It strengthens your muscles – Self stimulation will work out both your pelvic and your anal muscles. The immediate benefit of this is that you are bound to have a better sex life. The greater benefit however is that having stronger muscles will prevent urine incontinence which is common in women following child birth.
7. It will strengthen your relationship – A woman who is at home with her sexuality is likely to make a better intimate partner.
8. Alleviation of UTI’s – Other than relieving already present symptoms, self-stimulation will help flush out bacteria from your cervix.