By Stephen Kalema
skstephenacts759@gmail.com

Following landslides in Bukalasi sub county, Bududa district that led to the death of over 41 people,  survivors of the catastrophe have refused to be admitted in government hospital of Bududa saying that they will not get better treatment.

“We shall not go there because in the previous catastrophes all victims who were admitted in that hospital, were abandoned by the government officials who took them there and doctors never attended to them” said survivors

However it’s on record that on Friday minister of disasters preparedness Hilary Onek said that government is to spend Shs66bn on the survivors but according to the local leaders at the ground nothing so far has been accorded to them.

Death toll is still increasing as the search team is still on the ground looking for more bodies.

Comments